Looking for a "crash course" in Japanese food and culture?
One of the best ways to get a taste of almost everything is at the 2016 Los Angeles Japanese Food Festival, to be held Sunday, November 13, at the Universal City Hilton from 11-4PM. This event has been held for over a decade, first starting out in a Little Tokyo location and since branching out to be held in Universal City. It is sponsored by the Japanese Restaurant Association of America and the Japanese Food Culture Association, with the ultimate goal of promoting and celebrating Japanese food and Japanese culture in Southern California.
List of food offerings:
- Fresh Sashimi
- Tempura Soba - Tempura & Buckwheet Noodle
- Chicken Karaage
- Ramen Noodles
- Rice Onigiri
- Sake & Shochu
- and more...
Schedule of Events:
- 11:00am Door Opens / Taiko Drum Performance 1
- 11:15am Opening Program / Opening Sake Barrel
- 11:20am Taiko Drum Performance 2
- 11:45am Ceremony Tuna Filleting
- 12:30pm Rice Ball Workshop Demonstration 1
- 13:15pm Sake Tasting Contest
- 14:00pm Performance and Experience of making Sushi Roll
- 15:00pm Rice Ball Workshop Demonstration 2
- 15:45pm Door Prizes
- 16:00pm Closing
Added bonus? Nebuta Arts will be hosting a pop-up shop at the Festival from 11AM-3PM!